A flavorsome tomato soup with goodness of celery and carrot. Very easy to make and has very less calorie. A good addition to the menu for weight watchers.
- 1 carrot
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 tomatoes
- few basil leaves
- 2 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cubes of veg stock ( i used maggi veg stock)
- Roughly chop all the vegetables.
- Heat oil in pot add carrot, celery, onion ,garlic and cook it with lid on till carrot is soft.
- In a separate bowl take 2 cups hot water and dissolve the veg stock cubes .
- Add the stock to cooked vegetable then add the tomatoes.
- Cook it for 20 min on medium flame or till tomatoes are tender and then turn off the heat.
- Let it cool down
- Season with salt pepper and basil leaves.
- Blend the soup until smooth or pulse it for chunky texture.
- Warm again for few minutes and enjoy.
Note: If not watching calories add a some sour cream or heavy cream and enjoy with some french bread.
Sprouted green gram is good source of proteins & fiber. It is also loaded with many vitamins and minerals. This super food is also considered as good for weight loss as it helps curbs cravings and keeps full for longer period of time. This salad recipe has all the ingredient of a healthy and tasty food.
1 cup sprouted green gram
1/2 cup tomatoes diced
1/2 cup onions cut into small pieces
1 cucumber cut into small pieces
Coriander to garnish
1 -2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 green chilli
Slat & pepper to taste
1. Boil the sprouted green gram with water and salt.
2. When half boiled strain excess water.
3.Mix all the cut vegetables.
4.Add lemon juice ,salt & pepper as per taste.
5.Mix all the ingredients together .
6. Garnish with coriander leaves, chilli and serve.
Black gram is very nutritious and healthy . It is rich in fiber, protein and other minerals.This is commonly known as kala Channa or bengal gram in India.As most of us know “An apple a day keeps doctor away”. Apart from the proverb, apples are rich in antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber.
Hope you will enjoy this simple yet flavorful and healthy recipe
This recipe makes 4 serving approximately.
2 cup black gram
2 garlic cloves
1 green chilli
salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
- Soak the black gram for 6-8 hours
- Pressure cook the gram along with salt till soft.
- Chop all the vegetable.
- Heat 1 spoon oil in the pan add garlic , onion and chilly.
- After the onions turn little red add tomato and black pepper, cook of another 2 minutes.
- Now add boiled black gram and mix them.
- Turn off the heat.
- Cut the apple in small chunks.
- Mix apple with cooked black gram and squeeze lemon as per taste.
- Garnish with Coriander ,strawberry and serve.