A flavorsome tomato soup with goodness of celery and carrot. Very easy to make and has very less calorie. A good addition to the menu for weight watchers.
- 1 carrot
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 tomatoes
- few basil leaves
- 2 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cubes of veg stock ( i used maggi veg stock)
- Roughly chop all the vegetables.
- Heat oil in pot add carrot, celery, onion ,garlic and cook it with lid on till carrot is soft.
- In a separate bowl take 2 cups hot water and dissolve the veg stock cubes .
- Add the stock to cooked vegetable then add the tomatoes.
- Cook it for 20 min on medium flame or till tomatoes are tender and then turn off the heat.
- Let it cool down
- Season with salt pepper and basil leaves.
- Blend the soup until smooth or pulse it for chunky texture.
- Warm again for few minutes and enjoy.
Note: If not watching calories add a some sour cream or heavy cream and enjoy with some french bread.