We have move to new domain www.flavorkitchn.com. Please continue to follow for new recipes.
This is a great snack or light dinner. It has very few ingredients and takes about 5 min to be ready. I came up with recipe when i was really wondering what should i eat that has low carb and still filling. The Tofu/Paneer is high in protein and helps fill you up .Sun -dried tomatoes add a nice flavor to whole thing.Do try
- 1 cup sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup Paneer/Tofu in small cubes
- 1/4 sun-dried tomatoes
- Regular Salt/Garlic salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cilantro to garnish.
- 1 tsp lemon juice(optional)
- 1 green chilli minced(optional for spicier version)
- Put Corn in microwavable bowl and cook for 2 min.
- Drain water and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add sun-dried tomatoes to it.
- Once the olive oil from tomato heat up add chilli, corn and panner/Tofu.
- Stir fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Garnish with Cilantro and squeeze of lemon.
So trying to eat healthy huh…Me too🙂, but i am trying to add some more flavor to my healthy eating. I have switched from white rice to brown almost completely and this is my try to add some much-needed zing to brown rice. This one is also quick and easy to make. The mint paste can be stored and used for around 7-10 days. Make brown rice around 1-2 hour advance and cool it off properly before stir frying them.It will help brown rice not to become mushy.
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1 cup cut vegetables (carrot,beans, bell pepper,Broccoli)
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup paneer/Tofu in small cubes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup Mint paste
Ingredients for mint paste:
- 1/2cup mint
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2-4 green chilli (adjust according to spice level you want)
- 2 garlic pod
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients for mint paste (except lemon juice, salt) in a grinder and make a smooth paste.
- Add Lemon juice and salt at the end and mix them well.
- Heat oil in work and add onion and stir fry on high for 2 minutes.
- Add all other veggies stir fry them for 4-5 minutes.
- Add Paneer/tofu cubes and 1/4 cup of mint paste.
- Mix them well and add rice to it.
- Mix all the contents together and add salt if required.
- If you want more spicy add some red chilli powder or chilli sauce.
- Your stir fry brown rice are ready to serve.
- You can serve them with some yoghurt as well.
My quick and easy hakka noodles /chow mein recipe. Loaded with veggies. You can adjust vegetables according to your own desire. You can also play with sauces and adjust them according to taste. Start by adding little quantity and add over later if required.Please leave a comment if you like the recipe.
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1 cup bell pepper (red, green, yellow)
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 cup french beans
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic minced
- Spring onion (optional)
- 1 packet hakka noodles
- 2 -3 tbsp soy sauce (ching’s if possible)
- 2-3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1-2 green chilli minced or sriracha sauce
- 1-2 tsp black pepper
- Boil a pot of water and add hakka noodles along with some salt and oil .
- Check after few minutes for doneness of noodles.
- Using a colander drain the water and wash it with clean tap water.
- let it sit for few minutes in colander so the noodles are dry.
- Heat some oil in pan and add ginger garlic paste along with green chilli(if using).
- Add onions and fry for 2-3 minutes in high heat.
- Add carrots, beans and let it cook for few more minutes.
- Finally add Bell peppers and stir with other veggies.
- Now come back to noodles and take it out of colander and spread it on a flat plate.
- Put the soy sauce on it and using hand or fork mix the soy sauce with noodles.This will help even distribution of soy sauce on noodles.
- Transfer noodles on to cooked veggies and add salt, black pepper, tomato ketchup, vinegar and sriracha sauce(if you like spicy).
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
I make this mostly for my kid lunch box but its make an excellent meal for everyone on the go.Its healthy and can be eaten easily without any mess.You can also prepare the filling in advance for making it in rush hours. The optional items can be used for making it more spicy and pomegranate seeds gives a little tang flavour. So try it out if you like it.
For vegan version paneer can be substituted by tofu or you can leave it out as well.
- 2 boil potatoes mashed
- 1/2 cup paneer grated
- 1/2 cup onion chopped finely
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Cilantro leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger grated finely(optional)
- chilli minced ( optional)
- 1 tsp pomegranate seeds powder (optional)
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- Oil or Ghee
- In a mixing bowl add flour and slowly add water water and knead a soft dough.
- Let it rest while we make filling.
- In another bowl add all the ingredients for filling and mixing them properly.
- Now divide them in equal parts making balls.
- Now take the kneaded dough and again divide them in equal parts.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough just enough so that you can place the potato paneer ball and wrap it from all side .(ref pic)
- Roll it into a flat bread .
- On hot griddle flip it and put oil on both sides.
- Press it using a flat spatula and cook it properly.
- let it cool down slightly and make a roll.
- Roll it up again in a foil.
- Cut it from middle using a sharp knife.
- You roll are ready to be served.
This is one of my families favorite dish. I make it quite often . Its versatile dish and goes with kulche/ Nan/ Bahtura/ Puri /Paratha and steamed rice as well.
For getting a darker shade i have added tea water . The quantity of spices used will make the dish medium spicy. You can increase and decrease the spicy level as your palate.
You can also use canned chick pea for this dish. If using raw chana and you have not soaked chana overnight then soak them in hot water of 30 min and add little baking soda while boiling.
- 1-1/2 cups Chickpea or kabuli chana soaked overnight
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1-2 green chilli
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 inch ginger cut or minced
- 8-10 peppercorn
- 4-5 cloves
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 small cinnamon stalk
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1/2 tsp Pomegranate seeds ( anardana) powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed powder (sauf)
- 1 tbsp chana masala
- cilantro , ginger julienne & onion to garnish
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 5 cups water
- 1 tbsp Tea leaves or 2-3 tea bags
- In a pan take water add tea leaves boil it for few minutes and strain it.
- In a pressure cooker add soaked chana and add tea water little salt and boil it for 15 minutes on medium flame and then another 15 min on slow flame.
- Let the pressure cooker cool down before opening it.
- In a separate pan or khadai heat oil then add Jeera, black peppercorn, green & black cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon.
- Once the spices get little roasted add ginger garlic green chilli and then onion after few seconds.
- Once onion turn pinkish add tomatoes and little salt.
- Cook for another 10-15 min.
- Cool it down and using a blender make a smooth paste ( except bay leaves and cinnamon stick).
- Pour all the contents back to pan and cook it for another few minutes.
- Add chana masala and boiled channa to it.
- Mix it well and let it come to boil.
- At the end add anardana and saunf powder.
- Garnish it with cilantro, ginger juliennes and onion.
- Serve hot with kulche / Nan / Bhatura / Puri/ Paratha /Rice.
This is one of my all time hit recipe. Its very simple to make and needs very few ingredient.This is also a no onion no garlic recipe. I have heard from lots of my friends how difficult is to cook without onion & garlic. Try this and you will keep this in your collection.
- 1 Cauliflower cut to floret
- 2 potatoes diced
- 1 green chilli cut
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp amchur powder
- cilantro to garnish
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in wok or kadahi.
- Add jeera let it splitter and then add turmeric and chilli.
- Add potato and little salt.
- Cover the wok and cook it on medium heat for 3-4 min.
- Now add cauliflower and mix it with other stuff using a spatula.
- Cover and cook it again for few minutes on slow flame.
- Cook it till the cauliflower are soft.
- Open the cover and let it be on medium flame for next 20-25 minutes.In between keep stirring slowly.
- Add amchur powder and salt.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with Rotis.